Surfing around the World Wide Web – Today I discovered a number of interesting sites that are part of the activist movements now getting coverage in the national news. Here are a few links to the online efforts, movements and organizations about which you may have heard:
- Occupy Wall Street – Since the middle of September demonstrators, growing into the thousands, have been staging a protest on Wall Street in New York City.
- Occupy Together – Includes a list of all the other “Occupy” movements beyond Wall Street.
- The NYC General Assembly at #Occupy Wall Street: Needs of the Occupiers are spelled out in this interesting post.
- AnonOps Communications – Includes a good Michael Moore video from the Wall Street protest.
- Get Money Out – learn about an idea for cleaning up corporate influence in Washington and sign the petition. Almost 125,000 have so far signed.
- Dylan Ratigan organized a petition drive that could free America from the influence of unlimited campaign contributions via a Constitutional amendment.
- Ratigan explains at Huffington Post.
- Rebuild the Dream – A large number of Progressive organizations joined together this summer to fight to restore the American dream for the 99% of us who are not rich.
- Founder Van Jones organized this week’s Take back the American Dream Conference.
- About the Partners in the American Dream Movement – participating organizations listed at the bottom.
[Post date: 10/6/11]
Technorati tags: [Occupy Wall Street], [Rebuild the Dream], [Take Back America]
My Other Blogs: Check out my Amplify blog for synopses of current news stories. My creative website is Making Good Mondays. Follow me at Twitter. And Carol Gee – Online Universe is the home page for all my websites.