Image via Wikipedia
“Why Is Texas So Psycho?#,” from AlterNet (4/25/09). Summarized, “The is one bad haircut away from Blagojevichian levels of gubernatorial gooberness.”
“Let’s mess with Texas#,” from Yahoo! News (4/24/09).
Texans are fed up with federal tax policies, and might get so fed up that they decide they want to secede from the union, Gov. Rick Perry told reporters today after he attended an anti-tax tea party rally in Austin.
He said the federal government has gone somewhat astray from what our founders wanted and he believes the federal government is choking Americans with excessive spending and taxation.
And although Perry made it clear he doesn’t see the need to secede and isn’t advocating for that, he said there’s no question that’s on the mind of some Texans. That was obvious at tea parties around the state, where “Secede” was a popular slogan on signs
Bonus — Texas voting records:
Confirmation of Christopher R. Hill to be Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq : Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison voted Yes and Sen. John Cornyn voted No. Vote confirmed 73-23.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Perry Raises Secession at Tax Protest (politicalwire.com)
- What’s All That Secession Ruckus in Texas? (time.com)
- Half of Texas Republicans Support Secession (politicalwire.com)
- Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) to Rick Perry: Texas Can’t Secede from the United States, Idjut (firedoglake.com)
- TX-Gov: Tom Schieffer (D) To Announce for Governor? (dailykos.com)
- Texas Gov. Perry blasted for “Anti-American sentiment” on secession as Tom DeLay jumps on the secession bandwagon (americablog.com)
My news and political blog is at South by Southwest.
Carol Gee – Online Universe is the all-in-one home page for my websites.