Image via Wikipedia
- A carbon-free future based on renewable energy that will end our common dependency on fossil fuels, including coal.
- An individual’s commitment to responsible, sustainable consumption.
- Creation of a new green economy that lifts people out of poverty by creating millions of quality green jobs and transforms the global education system into a green one.
Here are a few related links sent by my regular contributors:
“Oprah Shines Light On Great Pacific Garbage Patch (VIDEO)#,” from The Huffington Post (4/23/09).
“Trooper charged with stealing loads of mulch*,” from Press & Sun-Bulletin, (4/23/09). Betmo comments, “Wow, you know things are tough.”
“BigAg Ticked at Michelle Obama’s Organic Garden,*” from Common Dreams (4/23/09). Summary: “Michelle Obama’s decision to make her new White House vegetable garden entirely organic has angered America’s powerful agribusiness lobby who are urging the First Lady to consider the use of appropriate “crop protection products”. This link courtesy of Dusty, who is a mutual friend of Betmo and Carol Gee.
“Longest place name spelt wrongly*,” from Anova. The post begins: “Embarrassed US officials have been forced to admit that they have been spelling Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg wrongly for years.” Betmo quips, “guess they have eeggg on their faces:).”
Carol Gee – Online Universe is the all-in-one home page for my websites.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Michelle Obama Gardens with Children (blisstree.com)
- Official White House Portrait of the Moment: Michelle Obama’s ‘Right to Bare Arms’ (bradblog.com)
- Oprah Goes to Washington (queerty.com)